Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"Joshua-ette Fought the Battle of Jericho.. and the Walls Came Tumblin' Down!"


“T” day!  Can’t believe how many of you want a “T” report today and not have to wait!
Well, where to start? The French began my day with stripping all the beds (Insert Lee’s long drawn out Southern word here!!) and balled the sheets all up with their wet towels and the bedspreads- in the rooms they had to leave and in the rooms where some were to stay and not have to move. So we then had 12 more beds and 36 towels to change and deal with than I thought. You do remember that I told you that MPH runs on ONE home size washer and dryer, right? So now we have a gazillion towels and sheets to get done and do not have that many for a complete hotel turn around without washing the sheets! So poor Tshimbu just smiled and kept telling me he would get it all done for me and for me not to worry that it was his job to do the sheets and towels and the rooms. So I pulled one of the guys from the back and had him help the slower guy- who is really the lawn guy, but helps inside during dry season. We four worked none stop from 8:30, break for lunch, and back at it until four. My grandmother told me that Southern girls do not sweat. We get”dewy”! (Well, Honey Chile’ I plum downright sweated!) At 3:30, 8 new guests arrived from South Africa, and they were a delight. They had no problem being greeted by a soaking wet lady with a Southern Accent. I offered a coke and water break until the last parts of their rooms were done! Also got to the cook in time to get them on the supper list! Yea!! So now my guys are finishing up the rest of the rooms for the French. And Tshimbu is still washing and drying sheets and towels in between room preps!

The French had also all come down with baskets of laundry to get done. I told them that because of all the room and tent changing that today was rooms only. (That was even before I saw what they had done in their rooms with the sheets etc.) They did that deep breath thing and clicked their teeth. Humm. You don’t EVER, EVER, EVER  do that to a teacher!! – Retired or not!! MPH has a two day “laundry policy”; but Tshimbu and I usually try to get it done as fast as possible for folks- so he most often gets it done in one day. I have a feeling that tomorrow the spin cycle on the washer will go really slow on clothes with an accent!  (Paybacks are ….! Don’t Mess With Texas!)

Tried to get an answer on the size of the tents and whether they wanted mattresses or not for them. Got no answer. So got my guys togo on and  get 13 mattresses out of the storage closet so they could air out. Also had the guys dust off the spiders and cobwebs and have them ready for use if they are needed. (What’s that Bible verse…”Heap piles of burning coals upon their heads?”... Or something like that or should I choose the one about the “She bears coming to eat them!”? So many choices and so little time! So tonight “a failure to plan on their part does not constitute an emergency on mine!”…. “So, hi, ho, hi, ho it’s off to bed I go…”  

I am waiting to see what happens with the tents and give you an update on that and then I will let you all know! ……..
Well…They did have pop up tents. They did use the mattresses- smashed into the tents. The picture shows three set up and ready to go. The rest were set up later. Don’t know the reaction of the other guests who are in the dorm area yet. Oh well, I just where! ;))


With the kids in the tents MPH was all out of clean towels. So today it is laundry day to get allof the sheets and towels all done. There are also 10 loads of guest’s laundry given to me at breakfast. Those will all be pushed to tomorrow. Oh well! I have got to get all towels and sheets done so I can run MPH. (Life is tough in the fast lane!) Friday we have to turn 9 rooms again for another huge crowd. And clean the Dorm baths really well (after 18 kids using them for 16 days) and the hall floors and put all the mattresses from rooms and the tents back in the closet. I don’t want to have to help do it this time too. So will try to get all clean so we are ready to hit it running!
So now you know the rest of the "T" story. Guess it really isn't a big deal unless you are living it! Have a great rest of the week. Those of you at the Texas beach have a great time!! Those of you in Hawaii dealing with Storm Flossie- hope all at your home and in town withstood it.
Love ya! Me.
ork

No comments:

Post a Comment