Wednesday, October 16, 2013

72 . Trying again!

I am so tired I am weepy or is that sleepy. I have stayed with it until my stubborn South Carolina determination won out. Plus I was afraid all of you would show up PK at the same time! ;)) I did a lot in the dark during the night as Ken slept. “One picture/day at a time, Sweet Jesus!! “ In total I have worked in one way or another 30 hours on just these pictures. I don’t want to see another picture of Lubondai, Tshikaji or Kananga for awhile!! I have downloaded everyone three times each in trying to find a way to get this stuff to y’all. I won’t know how stuff jumps around until I hit publish on the blog site. So here they all are. I tried to be grammatically correct and hit spell check. But every time I went back into the blog it got squirrelly. Have a great view of our trip to the Kasai. If you have a question about a specific picture I will try to help.
 
We leave Congo in 3+/- days. Hard to believe. So I am on the decrease of blogging. Weaning myself from all of this. It has been fun- well, not the picture part! I think the issue is that I put in so many. Most blogs I look at have 1 or 2 pictures. I’ll do a few more blogs from here, maybe one in Brussels if we have wifi, one to let you know I am on my porch off the bedroom at Possum Kingdom Lake sipping hot tea!!!! Then I’ll send out the final blog to all of you. So hopefully in five months I will have written fewer than 100 blog entries. I would have never thought I would have written this many! Ken will stay with you on Congo Connection but I will reduce to just my usual emails- which few of you use for some reason- and some Face Booking- though I am contemplating on sending it on vacation for awhile. ;)
Then I will burn the patient Panties and we take all of our grayish laundry to the dump!  Check to be sure the TV remotes all have fresh batteries and get “Ready For Some Football!!” Eat some BBQ and Mexican food. See granddaughters-oh and their parents, of course. See friends. Get ready for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years with our traditional (for 25+/- years) Crew of Friends, a trip to the beach, take our free cruise-plus airfare from Dallas- we won to Bermuda, see doctors like all we old folks seem to do, get working on my To Do list, and relax a little on my porch and pet Dave the Cat! Then it will be Spring and I’ll wonder where the time went! ;) Get Ken to grill me a steak and I’ll make him a baked potato. Seems fair to me!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Kananga Water Tower- still used
Ken and Marcia and Chauffeur/Protocol-
he could walk out to the plane to meet us!


 Advice was to write a little and try a picture. Then write some more and try another picture. I am. Things are jumping all over so I will keep trying.



 
Major disclaimer- I am up in the middle of the night trying again. Ken is asleep and I have no lights on. I have no time to check spelling in any language. 
Just trying to get pictures onto the blog.



RR Staation


Airport in Kananga


 Clinic named in Uncle Sandy's honor. To the left of this was the entrance to the movie theatre.








 Bonne Auberge










The next pictures will- I hope will be from Tshikaji Station. It was a Belgian station and is set up a little differently. This is where Marcia lives. It is where we had no electricity for awhile and got to enjoy real bush living again. Our first view of the roads and their conditions.  Once again disclaimer- pictures are just coming in at varying sizes and I can't change them. Sorry!










Clothes drying on the ground. 
 Paths where needed  are worn in the grass.
  Chasing a bicycle rim is still the best game in town!


Mosquito nets- the old way hung on a rectangle or the new little round ones hung from a hook















Coup Coup uses to mow and a machette.

Kasai Lunch- bidia, palm oil chicken, thin fried plantain chips, rice, Kasai peas,fresh fruit, avocados , and matamba greens. Tasted and smelled just right!!


 

Marcia's Gardner, Tatu Bilolo and in red  Tatu Kangodi cook and all things inside the house.


Mosquito net holders handle the laundry during rainy season when needed!


 Marcia's Cook and neighbor's gardner Ilunga.  He brought me fresh mangoes daily. Yum!!
Sunday we all headed to Macia's church forty minutes away.  Still not the "sit on the log "rustic church but rustic. Kids every where ready to smile for my pink phone's camera. Had a great time. Ladies strutting to give their offering. Ken saying a couple of words. Lunch in the Pastor's under construction home. Chickens and goats roaming through. Drum heated for church on the lunch fire! Love it!!









 
 
We next went to N'Desha. Roads were so much better!!The Murrays lived in three different homes on this Station of which I have few memories. Again , Homes are here. Paint and a little love could make a world of difference!! I know others of you lived in these homes too but Ken is asleep and I am beat! I can't remember who was in which!





 
 
 
Next is the trip and pictures "we" have all  been waiting for. (As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger,"What's this "we"stuff, Pale Face?")  You should see the inside of the Urine Mobile,  The guard house where bribes were requested. Condition of the roads. the Catholic Sister and her compound. Village scenes.












I  am about ready to scream.  Still no sleep and I am brain "deader" than I was earlier.I can't move stuff. It is what it is. Sorry but pictures are here. It is now time for Lubondai and I have no control of where stuff goes. So here you will be on your own, I am going to try to start at the R
 
 
 
ules, hospital and than all the way around and back to the Rules. Then I will do CS. and then My Home...







 

 






 
 
 
 
 









 
 
The next ones will be of  Central School. Check out the name scratched into the desk! The garden plots we had to do for demerits are growing still. The erasers are still beaten against the brick- oops another demerit! The buildings are still being used. Fun to see and remember! Memories make the present views ok!
 
 










 
 
 
It is now time to do my Home. The front of the house looking at it- My BR on left and Offic e onright . Dining Room at entrance, LR next. Boys BR, two of kitchen, Folks BR, Bath, and  back to my BR. 
 












1 comment: